There is nothing hilarious about whacking your funny bone. In fact, the funny bone is not a bone. It is called that because of the funny – as in hard to describe – feeling you get when that part of the elbow is hit. What you are actually hitting is the ulnar nerve that runs from your neck to your hand. This nerve innervates muscles in the forearm and hand. The end of the nerve has two branches. The little finger and half the ring finger are innervated by these branches.
The Medical Assistant aids and assists the practitioner and medical staff in various patient care activities. This is a clinical position which also includes administrative duties.
- HIPPA and OSHA compliance; promotes a safe work environment at all times
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to communicates effectively with medical staff and explain procedures to patients
- Caring demeanor towards patients and co-workers
- Clinical knowledge and terminology
- Ability to stand or sit for prolonged periods of time
- Working knowledge of computers, fax, copiers and other technology as needed
- Available to work at various locations if needed
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) is preferred
- Prepare treatment rooms for patient examinations, keeping the rooms neat and clean.
- Escorting patients into exam rooms.
- Show patients to examination rooms and prepare them for the physician.
- Record patients' medical history, vital statistics, or information such as test results in medical records. Patient info
- Prepare and administer medications as directed by a physician.
- Explain treatment procedures, medications, or physicians' instructions to patients.
- Dispose of any waste materials in SHARPS container
- Organizing, Planning, and Prioritizing Work
- Inventory medical supplies or equipment.
- Perform clerical work in medical settings.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Associated or higher degree preferred
- Medical experience preferred
- Medical Certification preferred
- eClinical experience a plus
Ortho Sport and Spine Physicians is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate in its employment practices on the basis of race, religion, sex, color, national origin, age, disability, citizenship, genetic information, veteran status, military service, or any other characteristic protected by federal law or Georgia law.
Send your resume