Every year, tens of thousands of people undergo hip replacement surgery. One of the major reasons is the wearing down of the hip joint. This is most often due to the effects of osteoarthritis; however, other health conditions such as rheumatoid arthritis, bone tumors and avascular necrosis – a condition that causes loss of bone due to insufficient blood supply – can also lead to problems with the hip joint. Keeping your hips in healthy condition can help you avoid this surgery.
The Medical Records Associate is responsible for managing the medical records of patients. This includes scanning documents into the system, as well as, retrieving and providing documents upon request.
- Locates, download, scan, and send out medical records requested by patients, attorneys, chiropractors and other healthcare facilities via mail and/or fax
- Operates computer to enter and retrieve data and electronically send out medical records
- Invoice individual requests with information available in the Electronic Medical Records (EMR) system using a Word Document
- Scan medical information into EMR
- Burn MRI and X-Ray Discs from Med Strat (MRI and X-ray information system)
- Answer incoming customer service calls and be able to answer questions regarding future and pending requests for medical records.
- Other Duties as assigned
- Strong time management and organizational skills with attention to detail
- Proven focus on quality, productivity and thoroughness while deadline-oriented
- HIPPA and OSHA compliance; promotes a safe work environment at all times
- Professionalism demeanor towards patients and co-workers
- Excellent communications and reporting skills
- Clinical knowledge and terminology helpful
- Working knowledge of computers, scanners, fax, copiers and other technology as needed
- Ability to sit for prolonged periods of time
- Bilingual is a plus
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Proven Medical Records experience preferred
- eClinical experience a plus
Ortho Sport and Spine Physicians is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate in its employment practices on the basis of race, religion, sex, color, national origin, age, disability, citizenship, genetic information, veteran status, military service, or any other characteristic protected by federal law or Georgia law.
Send your resume