- Help provide primary care to patients.
- Perform physical exams and patient observations.
- Record patient medical histories and symptoms.
- Create patient care plans and contribute to existing plans.
- Order, administer and analyze diagnostic tests.
- Monitor and operate medical equipment.
- Diagnose health issues.
- Detect changes in a patient’s health and change treatment plans as necessary.
- Administer medicines and treatments.
- Evaluate responses to treatments and medications.
- Consult with healthcare professionals.
- Train patients and families on managing illnesses or injuries and disease prevention.
- Masters degree from an accredited nursing program.
- Must have RN licensure in the state where employed or a compact party state and be
board certified by either ANCC or AANP.
- Must have prescriptive authorization
- Must be proficient with medical instruments and equipment required by the work.
- Knowledge of computer-based data management programs and information systems, as
well as medical records and point-of-interview technology.
- Ability to communicate effectively, in verbal and written form, with retail and medical partners at various levels, patients, family members, physicians and representatives of the community.
- Sound understanding of all federal and state regulations including HIPAA and OSHA.
- Experience providing care as Orthopedic/ Spine nurse practitioner.
- Knowledge of disease prevention.
Education and/or Experience:
- Graduate of an accredited professional nursing program
- Preferred Education: BSN
- The employee shall meet the requirements of the Georgia Board of Medical Examiners; and be able to be licensed to additional states
License and / or Certification:
- Current licensure as a NP to practice
- Current DEA certification
- Current CPR certification required
- Current ACLS certification
- Valid Driver’s License
- Must be able to meet and maintain current NCHC credentialing and privileging requirements.
- Must be willing to traveling to alternate Ortho Sport and Spine locations
Ortho Sport and Spine Physicians is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate in its employment practices on the basis of race, religion, sex, color, national origin, age, disability, citizenship, genetic information, veteran status, military service, or any other characteristic protected by federal law or Georgia law.