Job Description: Physician Assistant (PA)
Ortho Sport and Spine Physicians is a rapidly expanding orthopedic practice, with clinics in Georgia, South Carolina, Kentucky and Tennessee. Additionally, there is an Ambulatory Surgery Center in Atlanta. The practice specializes in providing state-of-the-art, minimally invasive treatment of complex neck and spine problems, as well as sports-related injuries and conditions.
The Physician Assistant will facilitate patients’ recovery by applying medical techniques and principles under the direction of the physician.
- Document examination results, treatment plans, and patients’ outcomes.
- Record patient medical histories.
- Examine patients to assess mobility, strength, communication, or cognition.
- Examine patients to assess general physical condition.
- Develop medical status reports.
- Prescribe medications, order diagnostic, laboratory studies based on patients’ conditions.
- Transcribe and execute physicians’ orders.
- Provide patient care, guidance, and instructions regarding medical care to patients.
- Perform physical examinations and record relevant data medical forms.
- Collaborate with healthcare professionals to plan or provide treatment.
- Perform all other patient care needs instructed by Physician.
- Current DEA Registration
- Basic Life Support (BLS) CPR card
- Knowledge of medical procedures and guidelines concerning assessment, treatment, and recovery
- Orthopedics Specialty Experience is a plus
- Team player with excellent communication skills
- Travel to other locations as needed
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Master’s Degree in Physician Assistant Studies, Health Science or Medical Science
- 2+ years of working experience as a physician assistant
- Experience with improvements in innovative medical terminology
Ortho Sport and Spine Physicians is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate in its employment practices on the basis of race, religion, sex, color, national origin, age, disability, citizenship, genetic information, veteran status, military service, or any other characteristic protected by federal law or Georgia law.