The holidays are over. Did some of your holiday celebrations and festivities find you carrying more weight than usual? As a result of those extra pounds, you may have listed losing weight to the top of your 2019 New Year’s resolutions. If you gained weight and plan to exercise more in 2019, Ortho Sport & Spine would like to remind you of a few important things to remember.
The Surgery Scheduler position requires utilization of clinical knowledge to schedule appropriate procedures/surgeries per provider’s orders while insuring scheduled procedures are consistent with the patient’s diagnosis and procedure request. Success full candidates must demonstrate excellent customer service skills with patients, employees, and the public, as well as be able to respond to both written and oral correspondence regarding scheduling changes/cancellations in a timely. The Surgical Scheduler must be organized, and able to manage s demanding workload with accuracy.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Schedule medical procedures, for patients with appropriate provider and time/location slot, utilizing appropriate scheduling diagram to ensure available time is utilized to maximum efficiency
- Interfaces with appropriate vendor staff to ensure all necessary equipment will be on site for procedures / surgeries.
- Interfaces with appropriate hospital staff to ensure a cohesive working relationship in providing patient care serves.
- Enters notes/special instructions needed for scheduling in the electronic medical record.
- Provides accurate, detailed information to patients regarding test preparations, time of patients scheduled arrival, and any other directional information needed; takes appropriate action in responding to questions from patients.
- Confirms patient’s insurance provider and either obtains prior authorization or communicates need for prior authorization to appropriate parties as needed. (TBD)
- Ensures patients have proper medical clearance and pre-surgical testing as needed.
- Completes pre-procedure phone calls and confirms appointment times with patients via telephone.
- Reviews discharge instructions with patients and ensures proper follow-up appointments are scheduled at the time the procedure is scheduled.
- Performs all aspects of patient care in an environment that organizes patient safety and reduces the likelihood of medical/health care errors.
- Assists other members of the department as needed and perform other duties as assigned.
- HIPPA and OSHA compliance; promotes a safe work environment at all times
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to communicates effectively with the patient, medical staff, insurance companies and others as relates to the case
- Caring demeanor towards patients and co-workers
- Clinical knowledge and terminology
- Ability to stand or sit for prolonged periods of time
- Working knowledge of computers, fax, copiers and other technology as needed
- Strong administrative skills with attention to details and accuracy
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) is preferred
- Prior Surgery Scheduling experience
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Associated or higher degree preferred
- Proven experience as Surgery Scheduler
- e-clinical experience a plus
Ortho Sport and Spine Physicians is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate in its employment practices on the basis of race, religion, sex, color, national origin, age, disability, citizenship, genetic information, veteran status, military service, or any other characteristic protected by federal law or Georgia law.
Send your resume