The Clinical Athletic Trainer aids and assists with the examination and treatment of patients under the direction of Ortho Sport and Spine physicians and mid-level providers. This is a clinical position which also includes administrative duties and travel between locations.
- Performs intake with patients (including medical and other relevant history), documents vital signs and current medications.
- Obtains patient’s orthopedic history and orders x-rays
- Schedules diagnostic studies/surgery
- Prepares and assists with injections/aspirations
- Assists with ordering imaging, therapy, surgery, medication and DME.
- Applies cast, splints, braces as directed by MD or mid-level provider
- Performs dressing changes and removes sutures/staples
- Educates patients on proper use of DME, surgical precautions and plan of care
- Serves as liaison between patient and physician, answers patient phone calls in a timely manner
- Completes forms for handicap parking permits, FMLA, disability, work/school excuses and worker’s compensation status.
- Other duties as assigned by provider or Clinical Director
- HIPPA and OSHA compliance; promotes a safe work environment at all times
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to communicates effectively with medical staff and explain care plan to patients
- Caring demeanor towards patients and co-workers
- Clinical knowledge and terminology
- Ability to stand or sit for prolonged periods of time
- Working knowledge of computers, fax, copiers and other technology as needed
- Available to work at various locations as needed
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) is preferred
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- 3 to 5 years Proven Athletic Trainer experience in a medical environment preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree in Athletic Training. Master’s degree preferred.
- Orthopedic clinic experience
- Knowledge of e-Clinical preferred
- Board certified as an Athletic Trainer with valid license in state of Georgia, and current CPR/BLS certification.
Ortho Sport and Spine Physicians is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate in its employment practices on the basis of race, religion, sex, color, national origin, age, disability, citizenship, genetic information, veteran status, military service, or any other characteristic protected by federal law or Georgia law.