Every year, tens of thousands of people undergo hip replacement surgery. One of the major reasons is the wearing down of the hip joint. This is most often due to the effects of osteoarthritis; however, other health conditions such as rheumatoid arthritis, bone tumors and avascular necrosis – a condition that causes loss of bone due to insufficient blood supply – can also lead to problems with the hip joint. Keeping your hips in healthy condition can help you avoid this surgery.
The Front Desk check In/Out position is responsible for welcoming patients, setting appointments, checking patient in and check out while maximizing patient satisfaction and utilization of treatment rooms.
- Welcomes patients and visitors by greeting patients and visitors, in person or on the telephone; answering or referring inquiries
- Optimizes patients' satisfaction, provider time, and treatment room utilization by checking patient’s in in a timely fashion
- Maintains patient accounts by obtaining, recording, and updating personal and financial information
- Schedules patient appointments accordingly and efficiently at end of patient visit
- Keeps open communication with pre-cert team of orders for daily patients.
- HIPPA and OSHA compliance; promotes a safe work environment at all times
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to communicates effectively with the patient, medical staff, insurance companies and others as relates to the case
- Caring demeanor towards patients and co-workers
- Clinical knowledge and terminology
- Ability to stand or sit for prolonged periods of time
- Working knowledge of computers, fax, copiers and other technology as needed
- Available to work at various locations if needed
- Strong administrative skills with attention to details and accuracy
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) is preferred
- Prior medical check in/out experiences preferably in a spine or orthopedics is a plus
- eClinical experience a plus
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Associated or higher degree preferred
Ortho Sport and Spine Physicians is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate in its employment practices on the basis of race, religion, sex, color, national origin, age, disability, citizenship, genetic information, veteran status, military service, or any other characteristic protected by federal law or Georgia law.
Send your resume