Job Description: Front Desk Receptionist
Ortho Sport and Spine Physicians is a rapidly expanding orthopedic practice, with clinics in Georgia, South Carolina, and Tennessee. Additionally, there is an ambulatory surgery center in Atlanta. The practice specializes in providing state-of-the-art, minimally invasive treatment of complex neck and spine problems, as well as sports related injuries and conditions.
The Front Desk Receptionist position is responsible for welcoming patients, setting appointments, and checking patients in and out, while maximizing patient satisfaction and utilization of treatment rooms.
- Welcome patients and visitors by greeting them in person or on the telephone; answering or referring inquiries
- Optimize patient satisfaction, provider time, and treatment room utilization by checking in the patient in a timely fashion
- Maintain patient accounts by obtaining, recording, and updating demographic and financial information
- Schedule patient appointments at the end of the visit
- Maintain open communication with pre-cert team regarding orders for daily patients
- HIPPA and OSHA compliance; promote a safe work environment at all times
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively with the patient, medical staff, insurance companies and others as relates to the case
- Caring demeanor toward patients and co-workers
- Clinical knowledge and familiarity with medical terminology
- Working knowledge of computers, fax, copiers and other technology
- Available to work at various locations, when needed
- Strong administrative skills, with attention to detail and accuracy
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) is a plus
- Prior medical receptionist experience, preferably in a spine or orthopedic setting is a plus
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Associate or higher degree preferred
- 3-years medical front desk experience
Ortho Sport and Spine Physicians is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate in its employment practices on the basis of race, religion, sex, color, national origin, age, disability, citizenship, genetic information, veteran status, military service, or any other characteristic protected by federal law or Georgia law.