World Cup is over. It was a good run for sure. France emerged victorious, but Croatia sure was inspiring to the world. Croatia, situated on the Balkan Peninsula is a country with a population (a little over 4 million) that is similar to some of our cities in the United States. It’s small, but mighty. World Cup proved to be another exciting event to watch for soccer fans.
Notice of Privacy Practices
This information is to help you understand your rights under federal privacy regulations, the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act, or HIPAA. This page focuses on your right to receive a Notice of Privacy Practices (Notice).
What is a Notice of Privacy Practices?
The Notice of Privacy Practices, or Notice, describes Ortho Sport & Spine Physicians privacy practices. It describes how we use or disclose your medical or health information. It also explains your rights as a patient under privacy regulations, as well as Ortho Sport and Spine Physicians responsibilities regarding your information.
Why do I need a Notice of Privacy Practices?
We are required by federal regulations to maintain the privacy of your medical or health information. We create a record of the care and services you receive at Ortho Sport and Spine Physicians. We need this record to provide you with quality care and to comply with certain legal requirements. The Notice will help you understand how to exercise your rights regarding your health information.
How do I get a copy of the Notice?
At your first visit to the Ortho Sport and Spine Physicians, staff should provide you the opportunity to review and request a copy of the Notice. Or, you may call Ortho Sport and Spine Physicians, and we will send you a copy in the mail.
How do I get more information about certain rights discussed on the Notice?
For additional information on your rights, please see additional details below:
- Ask Ortho Sport & Spine Physicians staff for forms or written information when available.
- Right to access. (Information on how to inspect and obtain a copy of your health information.)
- Right to accounting of disclosures. (Information on how to request an accounting of disclosures made on your health information.)
- Right to amendment. (Information on how to request an amendment to your health information.)
- Right to request confidential communications. (Information on how to request that we communicate with you about your health information at alternative locations.)
- Right to restrictions. (Information on your right to restrict certain disclosures of your health information.)
- Right to complain for privacy rights violations. (Information on your right to complain if you feel that we have used or disclosed your health information inappropriately.)
- Using and disclosing your health information. (Information on the ways in which Ortho Sport and spine Physicians uses and discloses your health information for treatment, payment, and health care operations. Information on authorizations to release medical or health information and revoking authorizations.)