The Medical Assistant aids and assists the practitioner and medical staff in various patient care activities. This is a clinical position which also includes administrative duties.
- Prepare treatment rooms for patient examinations, keeping the rooms neat and clean.
- Escort patients to exam rooms.
- Prepare patients for the physician.
- Record patient medical history, vital statistics, or information such as test results in medical records.
- Prepare and administer medications as directed by a physician.
- Explain treatment procedures, medications, or physicians’ instructions to patients.
- Organize, plan, and prioritize tasks.
- Inventory medical supplies and equipment.
- Perform medical related clerical work.
- HIPPA and OSHA compliance; promote a safe work environment at all times.
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to communicate effectively with medical staff and explain procedures to patients.
- Caring demeanor towards patients and co-workers.
- Clinical knowledge and terminology.
- Working knowledge of computers, fax, copiers and other technology.
- Available to work at various locations if needed.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) is a requirement.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Associate or higher degree preferred.
- Medical experience preferred.
- Medical Certification preferred.
Ortho Sport and Spine Physicians is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate in its employment practices on the basis of race, religion, sex, color, national origin, age, disability, citizenship, genetic information, veteran status, military service, or any other characteristic protected by federal law or Georgia law.