Your Achilles tendon is your strongest and largest tendon in your body. It is also known as the heel cord or calcaneal tendon. It is located on the back of your leg and connects your calf muscle to your heel bone. That makes it a very important part of your body, and if something goes wrong with it, it can affect many other important functions of your body.
With somewhere around 80% of Americans suffering some form of back pain, it can be an easy problem to dismiss - the result of long hours at the office, poor posture, even smoking. It's also a type of pain that many of us feel like we simply have to live with.
But that isn't the case. Sometimes, back pain is something more than a small ache. It can actually be a symptom of serious condition or injury that requires quality treatment and care from a back specialist.
These cues may indicate that it's time for you to see a doctor about your back pain.
- The pain is chronic and severe or intense - especially at night, or when you try to lie down.
- The pain extends down the legs
- Your back pain is accompanied by a fever - this could a sign of a more serious spinal infection
- You are also experiencing any type of numbness or tingling
- You've recently suffered any type of physical trauma or injury
- It's contributing to incontinence or poor bladder control
- You're experiencing unexplained weight loss
- You have history of cancer, and your back pain is new
- Your pain lasts more than 6 weeks
If your back pain requires professional care, contact the specialists at Ortho Sport & Spine Physicians.
We can help get to the root of your problem, and provide you with a safe, effective treatment option that can help you get back to your normal activities. Our physicians are dual board certified and fellowship-trained, and experienced in treating a wide variety of spinal and back injuries and conditions.
5788 Roswell Rd NE
Atlanta, GA 30328
Phone: (678) 752-7246