If you have pain and pressure in your spine caused by compressed nerves, a procedure called Endoscopic Foraminotomy may be the solution for you. This is an outpatient procedure that only requires a small Band-Aid placed over your small incision after being completed.
With somewhere around 80% of Americans suffering some form of back pain, it can be an easy problem to dismiss - the result of long hours at the office, poor posture, even smoking. It's also a type of pain that many of us feel like we simply have to live with.
But that isn't the case. Sometimes, back pain is something more than a small ache. It can actually be a symptom of serious condition or injury that requires quality treatment and care from a back specialist.
These cues may indicate that it's time for you to see a doctor about your back pain.
- The pain is chronic and severe or intense - especially at night, or when you try to lie down.
- The pain extends down the legs
- Your back pain is accompanied by a fever - this could a sign of a more serious spinal infection
- You are also experiencing any type of numbness or tingling
- You've recently suffered any type of physical trauma or injury
- It's contributing to incontinence or poor bladder control
- You're experiencing unexplained weight loss
- You have history of cancer, and your back pain is new
- Your pain lasts more than 6 weeks
If your back pain requires professional care, contact the specialists at Ortho Sport & Spine Physicians.
We can help get to the root of your problem, and provide you with a safe, effective treatment option that can help you get back to your normal activities. Our physicians are dual board certified and fellowship-trained, and experienced in treating a wide variety of spinal and back injuries and conditions.
5788 Roswell Rd NE
Atlanta, GA 30328
Phone: (678) 752-7246