World Cup is over. It was a good run for sure. France emerged victorious, but Croatia sure was inspiring to the world. Croatia, situated on the Balkan Peninsula is a country with a population (a little over 4 million) that is similar to some of our cities in the United States. It’s small, but mighty. World Cup proved to be another exciting event to watch for soccer fans.
With rising gas prices and temperatures, many people are choosing the more economical choice to get around on a motorcycle. There are many benefits to choosing to ride a motorcycle, but in the event of a motor vehicle accident, it's important to know how to handle the events after your accident occurs.
At the scene of the accident it's important to remember these simple steps.
- Get yourself to a secure place and get yourself out of harm's way.
- Check yourself and others for injuries and call 9-1-1 if anyone is hurt.
- Remain calm. This may be difficult, but it is important to maintain clearness of thought, so you can proceed with clarity.
- Report the accident to local law enforcement if 9-1-1 was not contacted.
- Do not leave the scene until you exchange relevant information with all parties involved. At a minimum, you should obtain the following details: property damage information with photographs or written descriptions; insurance and/or contact information; identifying information for the vehicles involved.
- Take pictures of the scene without putting yourself in harm's way.
- Obtain information from any witnesses who are willing to provide it.
After you return home you will need to continue to deal with the aftermath of your motorcycle accident.
- Contact your insurance company.
- Contact your attorney for legal advice or questions.
- Contact an expert on motorcycle accident injury treatment. You can count on the caring professionals from Ortho Sport & Spine Physicians.
5788 Roswell Rd NE
Atlanta, GA 30328
Phone: (678) 752-7246